Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Biscuit Aux Noix

"It looks like rain today," I said out loud, as I walked out the door at 5:30 this morning. Of course, the only one up at this time to hear me was my cat, Abbey. My destination -- the grocery store. Excited? You should be!

After a bit of a scare yesterday with low blood sugar, I woke up with an ergant need to eat. My stomach's constant growling got me up particularly early. I hestitated briefly, before tiptoeing into the kitchen to make something to eat; however, once I got there, I remembered I am out of eggs...

Well, at least I thought I was out of eggs. After returning from Simply Foods, I opened the refrigerator and what did I see? Eggs!

The Noodle- King didn't ignored my plea last night to bring home a couple of things on his way home. I guess you can NEVER have too many eggs in a Celiac household.

Now, what do I want for breakfast? Hmmm....


Biscuit Aux Noix

1 c. finely chopped walnuts or
1 c. finely choped almonds
1/4 c. sifted corn starch
3 egg yolks and 1 egg seperated
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix nuts and corn starch together and set aside. Whip eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, and lemon juice until a thickened cream forms. Next, stir in nuts and corn starch. Pour mixture into an 8-inch round, slighly greased. 25-30 minutes. Top with brown sugar and cinnamon or sweetned cream cheese.

I must say, "It was yummy to my tummy!"

2 comments:

  1. I need to try this one of these days and see if it keeps Lovemuffin from having the "weak trembles" (as he calls it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just found your blog and I'm already in awe of you...you got up at 5:30 am to go food shopping?!?! So impressed! I'm enjoying your thoughts "on paper"...I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete