Friday, January 8, 2010

Sugar Cookies

In a genuine effort to find food that actually taste good and is gluten-free, I find myself masquerading around my kitchen most regularly. I actually look like I have gone quite mad, with my tightly donned apron. The hair that I neatly tie back, usually ends up in a disheveld mess, making the image of an insane scientist all too real.

Today was another day with cravings; so, I stood in the kitchen ready to tackle the task at hand. Now please keep in mind, my other attempts to make a GREAT sugar cookie have ended in tragic trash can adventure.

Don't get me wrong, I am an exceptional cook/baker, but cooking gluten-free can be a chore sometimes, but today I was F A B U L O U S!!! Everything I created was masterful.

So, if you LOVE sugar cookies, try out my recipe and let me know what you think.


2/3 c. rice flour
1/3 c. corn starch
3 tbsp corn meal
1 tbsp potato flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c. sugar
1 stick of butter
1 egg yolk

Mix all dry ingredients together with a fork. Using your finger tips, knead the egg yolk and butter into the flour mixture. It will be flaky at first. Keep pressing with your fingers, until you have a consistent dough. Spoon drop 2" apart on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes. Let cool and decorate.

Feeling creative...this recipe is perfect for cheesecakes, pies, or quiches.
Just press into a pie pan or shell, bake at 350 for 20 minutes, let cool, and fill.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice to have a productive day? Yay! I just might share some of your recipes with Lovemuffin's friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed. Please do share them. I know he will like them and most of them are very easy to do, but the pumpkin roll recipe will NEVER get posted. It is TOP SECRET!

    ReplyDelete