Friday, January 15, 2010

Super Simple Snacks!

Sometimes I find it difficult to keep up with my busy life. I am constantly going, going, going and going!!!

What this means to me is that I have to try to plan ALL my meals out, which can be tricky. Especially, when you eat like I do...
A LOT!


I eat as many as 6-8 times a day or more. It really just depends on how much going I am GOING to do. How much pep I need in my step OR energy to see me safely through the day's activities.

Although, to look at me -- you would never know, I LOVE food!!! The way a homemade vegetable soup smells, while slowly simmer on the stove. The warm aroma of fresh baked sugar cookies that lingers in your kitchen. The crisp crack of a carrot, celery, and cucumbers. The dewy sweetness of pineapple upside-down cake. Mm mmm.... I am making myself hungry.

Focus!!!

Sorry about that. Anyway, with my busy schedule I have to remind myself regularly to 'keep it simple, stupid!'

I mean lets face it, NO ONE wants to get up early EVERY, single day and cook something to eat. For just one person?!? And cooking for one so frequently, the chore often becomes...well, just that -- a chore! I hate feeling like that! I LOVE to cook as much as I LOVE food! Ugh!!!!

So for me to avoid being frustrated and taking it out on innocent by-standers, I have to eat AND it has to taste good, too! As you may be finding out, most gluten-free food you buy at the store does NOT taste all that wonderful.

To keep my well-oiled machine fueled and geared to go, I need several snacks throughout the day; so, here are a few of my "Super Simple Snacks!"

Breakfast:
Simple Shake
3 oz. of silken tofu (Okay don't freak-out. I promise, if you do taste the tofu at first, after a few days, you won't even know it is in there.)
1/2 c. rice milk (almond milk, soy milk, or orange juice are great, too!)
1/2 banana (or you can put the whole banana, but remember your serving sizes)
1 can of chopped pineapple
1/2 c. frozen fruit (I like the mixed berries or peaches)
2 tsp. lemon juice

Lunch:
Simple Snack
1 can cooked carrots (or if you like raw carrots, this taste just as great!)
1/4 c. raisins
1 small Fuji apple (chopped)
1/4 c. nuts
Italian or raspberry vinaigrette dressing


Dinner:
Simple Egg Salad ( I like having egg salad for breakfast as well.)
8 eggs (boiled)
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tsp. dill weed
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
1/4 tsp. salt

No comments:

Post a Comment